Instead of reaching for the chips when you have a “snack attack”, choose one of these alternatives.
- Banana Yogurt Dip – Peel a banana and dip it in yogurt, roll it in crushed cereal (preferably granola) and freeze.
- Cheese ‘n Tortilla – Sprinkle grated Monterey Jack cheese over a corn tortilla; fold in half and microwave for twenty seconds. Top with your favorite salsa.
- Pita Apple Delight – Stuff a whole-grain pita pocket with ricotta cheese and Granny Smith apple slices. Add a dash of cinnamon.
- Snack Kabobs – Put cubes of low-fat cheese and grapes on pretzel sticks.
- Inside-Out Sandwich – Spread mustard on a slice of deli turkey. Wrap it around a sesame bread stick.
- Cranberry Surprise – Toss dried cranberries and chopped walnuts in with instant oatmeal.
- Cornflake Balls – Mix together peanut butter and cornflakes in a bowl. Shape into balls and roll in crushed graham crackers.
- Celery Sticks – Spread celery sticks with peanut butter or low-fat cream cheese. Top with raisins. Enjoy your “ants on a log”.
- Yogurt Sandwich – Smear a scoop of frozen yogurt on two graham crackers and add sliced banana to make a yummy sandwich.
- Old Standby – Spread peanut butter on apple slices
We hope you enjoy the above suggestions and please let us know what your favorites are. Do you have any other ideas fo rthis list – send them along in comments below.